The day has finally come, my book Tea: A User’s Guide is now available! The work is a result of my 10 years as a student of tea. As you may know, tea is one of those subjects where the more you learn, the less you realize you know. Because of this, I vowed not to write this tea book in a vacuum. Rather, core ideas were shared here on World of Tea along the way and you, the readers, helped me refine them. Finer points were scrutinized offline thru extensive peer review. Because of this, I can safely say that Tea: A User’s Guide is the most up-to-date and factual guide to specialty tea.
The book is about tea and only tea; there aren’t any mythical stories, lengthy descriptions of preparation methods or even recipes for cooking with tea. Throughout, I present a new framework for navigating the world of tea whether you are just embarking on your tea journey or whether you have been drinking tea your entire life. In it, you’ll discover:
- How tea is grown and processed.
- How so many tea products are derived from a single species of plant.
- What chemical changes occur in tea leaves during processing.
- How 130 famous teas from around the world are classified.
- How to expertly prepare and evaluate tea.
The book is available in print, as an e-book, or as a downloadable PDF. Get your copy here today!